Business Studies A Level
Exam board: Edexcel
Why study this subject:
A level Business will prepare students for the world of work and enterprise and is an excellent basis for a career or a university degree in Business, Finance, Economics or social science. It will provide an exciting insight into the dynamic world of business, giving the basic skills necessary to produce a business plan and manage a company. You will learn that every business decision has financial implications and you will be taught how to calculate profit and analyse a firm’s accounts.
Theme 1 - Marketing and People Theme 3 – Business Decisions and Strategy
· Meeting customer needs Business objectives and strategy
· The market Business growth
· Marketing mix and strategy Decision making techniques
· Managing people Influences on business decisions
· Entrepreneurs Assessing competitiveness
Theme 2 – Managing Business Activity Theme 4 – Global Business
· Raising finance Globalisation
· Financial planning Global markets and business expansion
· Managing finance Global marketing
· Resource management Global industries and companies
How will I be assessed:
All themes are assessed through 3 exams at the end of the 2 year course. The exam papers are a mixture of short and long questions based on case studies and data response questions. Mathematics skills are important.
A level Business teaches students how to set up and run a business and the impact of globalisation and it addresses the skills and knowledge required. These transferrable skills will be very useful for any career choice but will be particularly useful if you want to work in an office, be a manager or run your own business in the future.