The Autumn series - results day
- AS, A-level and Level 3 Certificate results day: Thursday 17th December 2020.
- GCSE English Language, GCSE Mathematics, Functional Skills, AQA Certificate and Level 3 Extended Project results day: Thursday 14 January 2021.
- All other GCSE examinations results day: Thursday 11 February 2021.
The Examinations Office will contact students nearer the time to inform them about arrangements for the collection of examination results.
Autumn series A-Level and GCSE re-marks
If a student is unhappy with the marking of the autumn A-Level or GCSE examination papers, they will be able to appeal or ask for a remark, just as they would have been able to in the summer series. The Department of Education has stated in its guidance: "The autumn series will replicate a normal summer exam series as far as is possible. The normal review of marking and appeal arrangements will therefore apply to the autumn series."
Summer 2021 Examinations Update
The Secretary of State for Education has announced that most of the public examinations scheduled for next Summer will be delayed by about three weeks and will now take place between 7th June and 2nd July 2021. The following proposals will be put in place and should be noted carefully:
- One GCSE Mathematics and one English GCSE examination will be held just before the May half-term, to give students affected by Covid a better chance of still sitting a paper in each of these subjects.
- Results days will be Tuesday 24th August for A and AS levels, and Friday 27th August for
GCSEs. It is expected that awarding organisations (examination boards) will align the timing of results for vocational and technical qualifications with that for GCSEs, AS and A levels.
- Ofqual (the government department that regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England) will work with schools to develop contingency measures to address “the range of scenarios which might impact students’ ability to sit exams”. Ofqual will spend the next six weeks consulting on what these contingency measures might look like, with more detail to be published “later in the Autumn”.
- No further subject-level changes to examinations and assessments will be made, beyond those small adjustments already outlined by Ofqual.
The school will issue updated examination schedules to Year 11 and Year 13 students and parents as soon as this information is published.
Year 13 and Year 11 Pre-Public Examinations
- Year 13 PPEs run from 6th - 13th November 2020.
- Year 11 PPEs run from 26th November - 14th December 2020.
Please see the examination timetables sent home to parents and students in the document section below.